Monday 22 February 2016

Pause and Think.

Don't worry, I promise I'm still writing about London Fashion Week (blog posts will be up late tonight about a few more shows that have interested me), I just want to take a minute to just pause and think about where I am and how far I've come. 

This all started two nights ago, when I received a Snapchat from my best friend, of her first pair of Christian Louboutin shoes - red sole, stilleto heel, bright red love heart on the toe. The works. Now this friend has worked for almost a year full time, putting her tips in this "shoe fund" to save money towards her Louboutins. She finally bought them on saturday. Every one pound, two pound coin, 50p, 20p most likely went into this pot - she didn't spend it going out, she saved. I know, we all save, it's nothing special, but for me it really is. I'm incredibly proud of her working towards her goal, and it made me realise just a little something about myself.



We all have end goals. Be it, a designer pair of shoes, that Celine handbag, to have a huge house in the centre of London, to be well known and seen as powerful in our industries, to see others wearing what we create. We all make choices - to go out drinking at the weekend, to spend our money on holidays, to spend our money on travelling. But the important thing is to focus and work hard towards that end goal - sometimes we need to make choices in order to reach the end goal. 

Both Paris and New York have been these "choices". Choosing to study Fashion Design rather than intern has been one of these "choices", to move away from my friends and family and the comfort of London has been one of these "choices",  these "choices" are all to work towards the end goal, even if we do not see it quite yet. 

Yes, I'm rambling. My point is, back to my best friend and her Louboutins, anything is possible if we just work towards it - every choice we make, is towards the end goal and nothing is impossible. Stay focused, stay motivated and stay persistent. So hi there, Celine bag! 

boots - asos bag - furla jacket - riverisland



No comments:

Post a Comment