Sunday 27 December 2015

All I want for christmas is Net-A-Porter.

Today I am sitting contently in bed, after spending the last two days engulfed in family duties, food eating, feeling incredibly merry and grateful for having such a supportive and loving family - both immediate and greater family. I wanted to share quickly though this little christmas present I received from mother and father, in the form on a big black box - aka. Net-A-Porter. 



Now, it's not about the present for me in this blog entry, but the actual presentation and branding of the package - yes, I know, I'm writing about a box, but just wait one minute and let me explain the intricate detailing that this online retailer brings to the comfort of their consumer's living room. The box itself is intwined in two different types of ribbon, both coordinating with the overall minimal black and white theme of the packaging. Along with the gift inside, the box also contained a small instructive manual on how to measure yourself for future purchases, along with a black and white net-a-porter tape measure (all of course separated from the original box, inside a black drawstring cotton bag). The gift itself was given it's own smaller, branded box, inside black tissue paper from the net-a-porter box, which made it particularly difficult to want to remove the gift from the whole packaging as it was simply too pleasing to ruin. 

I know, it's a box, within a box and tissue paper and a pretty ribbon. But when you think about it, the feeling that this thought out process can achieve - the excitement, the inner little girl who used to scan through vogue dreaming of her first designer purchase, jumping up and down, the thought of NEVER throwing this box and ribbon away as it finally symbolises that you are now a woman of style, makes this box a trophy of good taste and style. 

So, I can now say that, all I want for christmas next year, is Net-A-Porter.  


http://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/



No comments:

Post a Comment